Friends of the Library
Benefits to becoming a Friend
Some of the benefits to becoming a "Friend" include:
- Knowing that you are helping to make our public library the best it can be.
- Providing continued support for Denison's children, teens and adults with the tools they need for success.
- Providing a place within our community for new programs and learning.
- Receiving a periodic newsletter by email listing exciting opportunities at the library.
- Attending special Friends' events and programs which connect you with other Friends.
Individual Friend $15/year
Family Friend $25/year
Caring Friend $50/year
Silver Friend $100/year
Lifetime Friend $500*
* 1-time payment (additional donations welcome but not required.)
Business Friend $50/year
Business Partner $100/year
JOIN Friends of the Library
Modest yearly dues from members help support the organization. Contributions are used to buy books, computers, equipment and supplies for programs, for capital projects and to fund the summer reading programs for children, teens and adults.
The time you give is as important as monetary donations. Friends are indispensable to the operation of the book sales. Volunteers also help out at other Library events.
For more information, or to join the Friends of the Library, complete and mail the membership application with a check or money order to:
Denison Public Library
C/O Friends of the Library Membership
300 West Gandy St.
Denison, Texas 75020
Donating Books to the Library
Drop off your "pre-read" books at the Library.
Your donations are sold by the Friends of the Library at book sales throughout the year.
To donate books, drop them off at the Library during regular library hours. You may request a receipt listing the number and type of books donated.
We accept donations of hardback and paperback books not older than 10 years for both adults and juveniles, movies, music albums, sheet music, puzzles and board games. Materials we are not able to accept include:
* National Geographic magazines
* Reader's Digest Condensed Books
* text books more than 10 years old
* encyclopedias more than 10 years old
For more information on book donations, contact Kathy Sprayberry at (903) 465-1797 or email email@example.com.
Other Ways to Support Your Library
Shop at the Library
All purchases from the Friends of the Library benefit the Denison Public Library.
Volunteers are a valuable resource for public service organizations. The Library uses the services of volunteers, age 14 and older, to supplement the duties and activities of paid staff.